Transmission spark control switch

My 70 Cutlass with a 4speed has a brokentTransmission spark control switch. Should I replace it? I see them on Ebay. What does it do? Thanks

Personally, unless I was going for a 1000-point restoration or had to deal with emissions inspection, I'd leave it off and bypass the system totally. If you can get the switch cheap, you might want to get it just to have. But then I've seen the solenoid switches on the intake go for ludicrous money.

What it does is delay vacuum advance to the distributor until the transmission is in high gear. This supposedly reduced emissions but also hurt performance compared to having full-time vacuum advance.

I think we've visited the TCS on this site before, but if you're not completely sure about bypassing it or putting it back, we can walk you thru it again.

Thanks for the information. The top connection is broken off, so the unit is still in the trans. I can't find the wire and will check the schmatic someday. I will take you advice and leave it alone. There's one on Ebay starting at $20. I've seen a few of them. Thanks again.