1946 Lincoln Skyline Blue color

The Custodian

Thanks for the info.

Now , the catch, the non metallic Skyline Blue color #10358 in the PPG chart tallies with the Ford code #14138 which is actually metallic in the formulation. I checked the same with Glasurit and they confirmed. So does the old Acme formulation. 

The other code #14148 supposedly metallic in the PPG chart is a mystery.

I found 2 cars in the net with Skyline Blue color, # H141931 ( pic attached) a Continental Cabriolet auctioned by Bonhams in 2013. This appears to be in a much lighter metallic color if correct.

The other is a Continental Coupe #H150900 in a very different shade of Greyish Blue and is metallic too.🤔

Does any of the members know about the restorer of these cars who can be contacted to get more details or older pictures? Or any one has more pictures of the Skyline Blue Color ? 

Please help.

Dev

image (2).jpeg

Screenshot_2022-08-28-11-53-05-84.png

What are you trying to accomplish?

Trying to match a color from a photo is not a good idea, especially when the color is metallic. My 40 Merc looks like a different shade depending on the camera, the time of day the photo was taken, and other lighting considerations.

If you are trying to to get an exact match to to the factory color of a car, you will have to find a spot that has not seen the light of day since it was painted, then get a spray out  of the formula from your paint supplier, then adjust the formula to match the spot. Today's metallic particles are very different from the ones used in 1946 so you will not be able to get an exact match.

Paint cross reference says that 14148 is the darker of the two Skyline Blue paints used in 1946.

Thanks again for the advice.

Unfortunately, there's no trace of the Skyline Blue on the car. 

On scrapping old paint, I found light green on the inner side of the door, bluish green color on the inner side of one of the fender. And there was no other paint underneath. The car has been in single ownership since new , restored just once without a color change but the Research centre confirms the Skyline Blue as the one from the production records.

I also need to ask if the underside of the car will be black and what color will be on the floor , inner side of the doors and fenders and  the boot ? 

Please advise.

With warm regards,

Dev

21 hours ago, The Custodian said:

Thanks again for the advice.

Unfortunately, there's no trace of the Skyline Blue on the car. 

On scrapping old paint, I found light green on the inner side of the door, bluish green color on the inner side of one of the fender. And there was no other paint underneath. The car has been in single ownership since new , restored just once without a color change but the Research centre confirms the Skyline Blue as the one from the production records.

I also need to ask if the underside of the car will be black and what color will be on the floor , inner side of the doors and fenders and  the boot ? 

Please advise.

With warm regards,

Dev

May I request members to please guide me on the Underside ,floor, inner doorskin and boot color asap. I need to paint within a day.

Please help.