Airflow Hot Start Problem

The starter on my 1936 C9 Airflow is giving me fits.  After several occassions where the solenoid will operate, but will not run the starter motor, the problem became permanent resulting in a tow home.  

My shop has removed the starter (Autolite max-4003), and has disassembled the starter solenoid.  They found that the hot side contact within the solenoid is not secure in it's insulator, preventing the plunger from landing on it properly.  The shop thinks this is likely the source of the problem with the starter not operating properly.  The contact is supposed to have a square opening that secures it to its insulator;  The corners of the opening have been rounded off, no longer allowing the contact to be secure in the solenoid. 

We have been unable to locate the appropriate solenoid repair kit, nor have we been able to source a replacement solenoid. If anyone on the list has these parts available, or knows where they might be sourced, please advise me at your earliest convenience. 

I note that I plan on attending the national meet in Independence, MO, next week, so I could purchase an available item at that time.