1966 Studebaker Commander - $5,500 (Veradale WA)

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/veradale-1966-studebaker-commander/7488509875.html

66' Studebaker Commander 4dr v8 auto. This is the last year of Studebaker cars. It comes with a factory installed 283 Chevy engine with Studebaker automatic trans mission. The engine and trany have been rebuilt. New tires and rims. The seats front and back have been re-done. Maco paint job. Very little rust. Front floors have been patched. Still needs some work but it also need to be driven. Text or call 5 zero 9 22 zero 5 ate 9 won
More picture on request

00A0A_4ECuvWfuQV9z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg00v0v_eEMY2guDQx9z_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

00a0a_aZI7znkpeoFz_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Even though it’s more money I like this 66 much more than the other one posted earlier. Just looks better and a plus for me, a four door.

I like this better too, but what I said about the other one stands. I mean...

7 hours ago, f.f.jones said:

Front floors have been patched.

That is to be expected in these cars, possibly without it meaning anything bad about the general rust situation. It is in WA, and rust is not a big problem here, still, I wonder what the repair looks like.

The seats front and back have been re-done.

And it looks good, and usable. Good color too. Black. Quite a few Commanders are stuck with an awful gold. The door panels are black too, so it was probably built with a black interior. I like it. I suspect the upholstery is not like the original though. The ashtray is open and well used. It might stink to high heaven in there.

Maco paint job.

Makes it look good, but you have no idea what is under it, compared to the other one that has original paint and few if any rust holes in the usual places. This one is probably fine because it's in eastern WA, but you don't know.

The engine and trany have been rebuilt.

Too bad there's no pictures under the hood. I'm expecting it has lost any semblance of originality, but that's probably not fair. My cynical view comes from seeing several of these cars over the years that were godawful messes, including the one I owned. It was probably the worst. These must be hardcore Studebaker people, I see a zip van in the background. Maybe it's nicely done...

New tires and rims.

Incorrect ones....

It may sound like I'm picking this apart. Not really. I like this car and it looks driveable or nearly so as is. If it were a stick and overdrive I would probably already be on my way to talk to the owner.

• Like 1

NOTE: The seller is a long-time Studebaker Driver's Club member and is responsible for rescuing/rebuilding/restoring many post-war Studes and returning them to the road over the years. His collection currently includes the Zip van, Champ pickups and always a Lark or more. 

He's hosted an annual local club meet for a number of years.

00A0A_4ECuvWfuQV9z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1