Unregistered why not ?

I am curious as to why folks do not register when they take part in this and other forums ? It makes it much easier to see where they are located etc. plus its just a classier way to communicate in our hobby.<BR>Am I wrong ? smile.gif" border="0<BR> Pete

No, you're not wrong.<P> I feel these unregistered people are afraid to show their identities. Who knows why?<P>Tom

I can understand why someone who just has a quick question would not want to register. It also makes sense not to register if you're only dropping in briefly with a quick remark here or there. It takes time to register, and as any true craftsman can tell you; a skill you don't have to learn is always the best kind!<P>What makes no sense to me are the regular DFers who are on here more than once a month or so and continue to post unregistered. I think this is quite a risk. I have seen on 2 or 3 occasions where someone probably posted as someone else who's a "regular" on these forums but didn't wnat to register. I still think it's a matter of time before someone posts something seriously offensive of slanderous in someone else's name.<P>If you think by not registering you're annonymous, forget it. Every post is tracable at least to the server and probably to the individual computer if need be. If you continue on this forum as an unregistered, you owe Peter and Roberta a <I> huge </I> debt, because as moderators they'll be the ones deciding if posts in your name are offensive enough to be pulled. <P>Of course, if someone posts "Chevy Rules!!! grin.gif" border="0 " in your name.... I guess offensive is in the eye of the beholder. tongue.gif" border="0

Guest nailswede

i never log out so when i vist this site i dont have to log in...fast and easy to say a few words then!and everybody can se why this guy spell like a rat. because his a sweeeede grin.gif" border="0

Guest nailswede

just rememberd that i filled in a popup messege from windows asking if it should remember the password!no need to log in when visiting the site then..<P> *extreme hacker advise* lol

Thanks for the responses, they all have their merits I guess. I agree with Anders, stay signed in and you are always ready. smile.gif" border="0

Being anonymous had never been my point. I have said many times before that I am Matt Menges from Wichita, Kansas, and I post my name after ALL my posts/replies. Yes, someone could post something foul and stupid under 'Kid 4 Speed', but read any other of my posts and one could figure out it was not me (at least I hope). I just never thought about registering nor do I worry about it, though I might in the future. Dunno, maybe it is a 'comform' thing I see in it. That word sends chills up my back. Dave@Moon, what do you mean by 'DFers'? Matt

I always forget my passwords, and when I tried to re -register with a different name like Arthu I get a response that my email address is already used by someone!!!<BR> smile.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0

Guest COMPACTBC

My response to a person who is unregistered is generally no response at all. I feel if they can't take the time to register then I don't have time to respond to the unregistered person. I wonder how many other DFers (discussion forum to kid 4 speed tongue.gif" border="0 ) feel the same way? rolleyes.gif" border="0

COMPACTBC,<P>I take no such hard line. Some of the best discussions and points on the DF have been made by unregistered people. Besides, at the very least providing access in this forum for everyone is bringing club exposure to a W-I-D-E variety of people who show interest in the club just by finally finding this page and typing something in to it. I've seen several successful recruitments here and on the AACA side of unregistered posters. <P>If you're online here a lot, though, I'd strongly reccommend to anyone that they register.

indeed I got no responses to my questions, because i am not registered.Forgot my password as stated earlier.<BR>So I had to solve some problems myself, and learned a great deal along the way. I will try to ask the webmaster for my password, maybe then I can come up with new questions.<BR>Arthur Rottier, The Netherlands