Font size, etc, on "create new topic" and "edit" screens

I have noticed now and again that additional icons appear on a line to the far right  of the "B I U" and other symbols that allow the adjustment of font size and maybe more. The page is wider also.

Most of the time there are only the regular symbols across the top:  "B I U"  |   = " 0  |   ._  1_

I have been using the same Acer laptop running Chrome throughout my participation on the forum. There have been no software changes, updates, etc.

Occasionally I have found those additions helpful.

Were they just temporary or can I change something on my system to get them consistently?

Replies will be appreciated. 

Edited by Crusty Trucker (see edit history)
2 hours ago, Crusty Trucker said:

I have noticed now and again that additional icons appear on a line to the far right  of the "B I U" and other symbols that allow the adjustment of font size and maybe more. The page is wider also.

Most of the time there are only the regular symbols across the top:  "B I U"  |   = " 0  |   ._  1_

I have been using the same Acer laptop running Chrome throughout my participation on the forum. There have been no software changes, updates, etc.

Occasionally I have found those additions helpful.

Were they just temporary or can I change something on my system to get them consistently?

Replies will be appreciated. 

Widen your browser and they'll magically pop up.

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.47.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.47.24 PM.png