STD SIX Radiator Shell - NEED HELP!

wattslm

I took my Std Six radiator shell to a plater and it was destroyed when the polisher lost control and it was wrapped around the polishing arbor. The plater found a replacement with the help of a fellow DB club member in Canada, but it needs major repairs and the outcome is questionable. Does anyone have a spare shell or know where I can find one that's straight and in good condition? wattslm@juno.com

The previous manager and his brother have been fired and the owner is trying to dig himself out from under a few problems they caused. So far the owner has been committed to making it right, whatever it takes. But good shells are hard to find, so I'm trying to help him out. As much as we hate it when accidents happen to us, they do happen, and sometimes we have to work together to recover. So, if and when he doesn't come thru with a good replacement for my car, I will tell you.

• 4 months later...

After nine months I picked up what was left of my STD SIX radiator shell from Action Plating in Surrey, BC, last Fri. They had tried to make one good shell out of two. I had delivered to them a plywood pattern that represented the back edge of the shell so that it would fit up to the hood. They called me to look at the repairs, and, when I got there, most of the repairs that we agreed upon had not been completed and the shell did not fit the pattern. I collected my parts and walked away. I did not pay them anything, but I am out one excellent shell. They were not willing to pay me for the destroyed shell and I can't afford to take legal action for the value involved. Fortunately, as stated previously, I was able to locate and aquire another good shell a few weeks ago. I hope I never have to go thru this again!