1968 Buick V8 only wire harness clip reproduction available

caGSxlr8

After many years of looking for a complete set of these I decided to make my own rocker cover wire harness clip.  This style clip is a one year only item, unique to Buick, and used on all 1968 Buick V8 engines, 3 per vehicle.  The clip slides over the valve cover stud and retains the engine wire harness along the top edge of the passenger side valve cover.  These are a rarely seen item on any original or restored car and are almost impossible to find as NOS parts.

They are modeled after an NOS clip and are 3D printed using High Temp,Translucent ABS-Like Resin. 

In the attached photos the NOS clip is slightly yellowed, the reproduction is similar in color.  Each clip it test fit before shipping which causes slight scratches where it mounts on the post, the scratches cannot be seen once installed. The reproduction clips will break just like the originals so use care when installing the wire harness inside of them.

The attached photos also show the clip installed on the rocker cover stud, reproduction clip on the right.

A picture of a low milage 1968 350 engine showing the original clips and the listing for the clips in the 1968 parts book and a photo of 4 reproduction clips with the NOS clip above them.

I am selling 4 (four) reproduction clips for the price of $20 which includes shipping.  3 are needed per vehicle with and extra clip included just in case one is lost or broken

Please contact me at mrtromm@yahoo.com if interested.

Thanks,

Mike

Reproduction clip on the left, NOS clip on the right. 

20220116_111735 (2).jpg

68 clip.JPG

20220116_111946 (2).jpg

20221016_111216.jpg

20221016_111102.jpg

Edited by caGSxlr8 (see edit history)
  • Like 1