Cadillac headlights pair 1912-1913 Great condition. Make Offer

WILL ROSE

• WILL ROSE changed the title to Cadillac headlights pair 1913-1915 Great condition
  • 3 months later...

Will,

Your lights are 1912 or 13 only,the original lenses were clear convex,not those Johnson lenses. I've been into early Cads for about forty years and can tell you the headlights must have been saved off every old Cad ever junked out,in other words,they are fairly common. If they had the original lenses,which are usually broken because they stuck out, they would be a little more desireable. I can't tell you what yours are worth but if you walk the spaces at the Chickasha Ok Prewar swapmeet,you would be very disappointed at what they would sell at. Hate to throw all that at you but just being honest.

Steve G.

• WILL ROSE changed the title to Cadillac headlights pair 1912-1913 Great condition. Make Offer

I've given it some thought today and this is the best I can come up with. Positive points on your lights-good rims and shells,even tho lenses are not original,they appear to fit the lights very well and appear to be in good condition. Any 13 Cad driver out on the road for tours and have original lenses would be concerned about rock chips in them. Some might think to change the lenses but that is always risky. I would tout your lights as good substitutes for long tours and if one of those lenses got a chip it wouldn't be the end of the earth. It would be a lot easier to just swap the whole light. I would put them on ebay for somewhere in the $325 to $395 range plus shipping. On this site and maybe the Horseless Carriage site there might be 100's looking at them,on ebay there are millions that might see them. On a tour a driver might have made a comment to family members about risk to the lenses,some actually tour with covers over the lamps,so a son or daughter that might never look here or on the HCCA site might run across yours over there and think they are just the ticket. Anyway,good luck!