Convertible top question

I have a 73 Delta 88 with an electric convertible motor. The last time I raised the top, the motor died. There is a clicking noise when I flip the switch. I don't really understand how the circuitry works, so I am not sure where the problem lies. Would this be a problem with the relay or with the motor? Thanks.

If you hear clicking in both up and down odds are the relay is good. This could be as simple as dirty switch contacts, and the switches can be taken apart and cleaned. Aggravating, but what's the odds of finding one NOS or even good used?

You can also try disconnecting the drive cables at the top actuators (top corners of the rear seat) and see if the motor runs with no top load on it.

I actually have removed the drive cables, and the motor won't budge. I will try clesning the contacts, but the motor worked slowly and then died off (I can't remember if i mentioned that in the origional post), so I don't think the problem lies in a dirty connection. Does anybody know of some good resources for electric motors?