1902/1903/1904 chassis, what is it?

Ben Popadak

I started this same post in the Horseless Carriage listing but hoping someone might be able to contribute.

In the back of a trailer at Hershey was this early chassis.  My guess on age was 1902/1903/1904.  The rear axle assembly is typical of an early steam car.  The front axle was round tube and typical of a circa 1902 to 1909 axle.  Four full elliptical springs.  An L angle frame and holes are largely absent.  It appeared that there were the remains of 3 hard rubber tires with it.  No not mine but it did find a new home with a friend.  What is it?

2021HersheyUnknownChassis.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I met with some fellow members of the Horseless Carriage Club for breakfast Saturday and passed around pictures of this partial chassis. Of course I didn't have any info on wheelbase or any other details that weren't shown. One of these guys is really the pre-eminent authority in this area on really early stuff. He was the only one with any ideas and after some studying suggested the owner do some research on Mobile Steamer. Hope that helps in the ID.