Jump to content

Gas Cap Gas Gauge Sought


Recommended Posts

Looking for a period gas tank gas gauge for my 1917 Maxwell. I recently saw one on an unrestored Maxwell that I'm assuming was a period aftermarket accessory and am awaiting more details but thought I'd ask if anyone has one they don't know what it fits. It has a circular clock face with a revolving needle set into the cap. Cap has 1 5/8" female threads and cap is mounted on a tube roughly 1 1/2 inches diameter and approximately 14 inches long with some kind of float that rises in the tube to make the needle revolve. Photo is just to illustrate what gauge could look like.


Howard Dennis


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...