1941 Lincoln Zephyr 4-door at Nissan dealer in Bremerton, WA. Not mine.

Hey Everyone,

I was in Seattle last weekend and made the trip over to Bremerton to look at this '41 Zephyr 4-door they have for sale.  I have no affiliation with the dealership (I live in Ft. Worth, TX).  I thought I would post some pics and my findings.  I have uploaded as many pics as it will allow.  I have more and they show more of the car than on the dealer's website, so if you want them, let me know and I'll post more.

https://www.advantagenissan.com/inventory/1941-lincoln-zephyr-4dr-h113326

The owner of the dealership is 78 years old. He bought the car in the early-'70's when he had a Ford dealership.  His son now runs the Nissan dealership and they have decided to get rid of the Zephyr.  I spent about a half hour talking to the son.  He didn't know much of what had been done to the car.  He said it had been several years since it had been started.  It has sat in the used car showroom for many years.

It has the 1942 cast iron heads.  The interior looks original, including the upholstery, carpet, door trim panels, and wind lacing.  As you can see, the driver's area of the seat is coming through, but if you wanted to patch it and leave the original upholstery I think you could.  The odometer shows 62,000 miles.

The engine looks like it has never been apart but with the iron heads I guess someone has at least done those at one time.

The crankcase vent tube that should go from the valley to the air cleaner is missing.  There is a plug in that hole in the valley.  I did not look around underneath to see if there was some sort of road draft tube that had been installed to vent the crankcase.  I don't know if there is any venting to the crankcase.  Who knows how long it has been driven like that. 

The paint is fairly shiny as you can see in the pics on their website.  It is not perfect and even had a place where the primer was showing through. I did not inspect it close enough to determine if it is the original coat of paint or if it was repainted many years ago and is showing its age.  If you want a show car you would need to repaint it but if you're looking for a driver the paint is probably acceptable as-is.

On the dash above the starter button there is a button that says, "SWF".  It has been rotated around so that the letters are upside down.  What is that button for?

You can see that none of the original woodgraining on the dash and around the windows is still there.  Too bad.

I looked underneath, there don't appear to be any rust problems.

Feel free to post with any questions.

Jim Raymond

Ft. Worth, TX

20210724_114646[1].jpg

20210724_114716[1].jpg

20210724_114722[1].jpg

20210724_112826[1].jpg

20210724_120537[1].jpg