Looking for a 1928 Hupmobile complete speedometer cluster with all gauges

Star Gate

• Star Gate changed the title to Looking for a 1928 Hupmobile complete speedometer cluster with all gauges

this may sound strange I do not own a Hupp I saw a 1928 hupp speedo cluster on the internet and I liked the way it looked so I am trying to find a complete one I can have redone just for my clllection thank you so much for the information I will look these models up so I know witch one I am looking for.

Hi  Tom I  will be back up  North  in  a week or  so. I  have  a model  E  Hupp  dash,  as  I  have  not  seen it  in a while,  I  can  not  remember  if  its  complete. I  will post  a pic  when  I  get  home. 

Hupp36 Thank you so much I went back and looked at the picture on the internet and now I see that they think it is a model E the one I am looking for is real fancy looking high end one I look forward to seeing your pictures of the one you have also if it is what I am looking for is is for sale thanks Tom.

Hi  Tom,  Back in  1978 Don Roetman, who  was  our  Hupmobile parts locater coordinator phoned me  and said, there   is  a junk  yard in  Brewer Maine that the  owner  has  a lot of  used  Hupp  parts  he  wants to  sell. You  living  in  N.H. which is  close to Maine  may  want  to  buy  them. I  ended up  buying  a pickup and  trailer load of  parts.  That's  where  the  dash  came  from. The  owner  took me to  the  3 rd. floor  of  a building  where it  was  not  very  well  light. Me  being a scout  master, I  always  had  a flash light handy. He  said  you  can  have  any  Hupp  dashes  that  you  recognize  as  Hupmobile. I  found 3 and  1  had  a blue  color with a white  H and  and white 8 below the  H. I know it  is  a Model E  dash as  my  good  friend  Wane Coffman has  a 1926  model E  Coupe.   Hupp did  make a very  fancy special dash but  I  think it  was  for  a model  M. 1928 to 1930.

Edited by Hupp36
missing data (see edit history)

Hi Hupp36 if you go on the internet and put in clusters 1920s-identifing instrument panels click on this wqeb site and scroll down to Hbppmoible the third picture down it says 1928 century 125-8 series  E question mark this is the one I am looking for now I am not sure what model this came out of also I still would like to see the one you have thanks Tom.

Tom,  that  is  the  very special 1  i  was  referring too.  I  have  the  first  1  , plain  model   E,  I  will post  a pic of  it  when I  get  home.  IF you happen to  find  the  1  you  are  looking  for, I  saw  1  years  ago  at  Hershey and  the  guy  wanted  $300 for  it, I  do  not  know  if  he  sold or  not. They  say it  was  a Century model, if  that  is  correct, that  would  be  a model M.  If  you  message Ken  Somers , he  is the  Hupp  tec  guy  on this  model  and  he  knows  model  M's.   I  hope  I  have  helped  you as  that's  what  Hupp  people  do.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, back  up  North. Well I  was  a little right, I  have  a 1928  Hupp  dash  , its  from  a Model M  , Not  an E. See pic.   So  you are  still on a quest  to  find the  correct  one, good  luck

DSC04183.JPG