NITROUS??

Guest BUICKPOWER

Guest BUICKPOWER

SO TELL ME WITH ALL THE NITROUS KITS OUT THEIR HAS ANYONE PUT ONE IN A STOCK REATTA AND NOT BLOWNUP WITH ALL THE NEWER CONTROLLERS AND THE SMALL SHOT SYSTEMS

YOU CAN DIAL IN ANYWHERE FROM 25HP & UP I JUST WOULD LIKE TO KNOW?

Maybe someone else will chime in that has actually added NO2 to their 3800 but I did do a little investigating a couple of years ago. The dry systems that only added the nitrous shot seemed interesting. They pump up the fuel pressure to add the needed fuel while the shot is injected. Our injectors are rated at 18.8 lb/hr and can theoretically support 250 total horsepower at 100% duty cycle if the fuel pressure is bumped up 10 psi. You would need to be sure the fuel system is capable of delivering the needed fuel. Something like the fuel pump from a newer S/C car would fill the bill. The downside, and why I decided against it, is the problem of refilling the bottle. If I remember correctly the cost was something around $5/lb to refill and the bottle must be refridgerated before filling to insure a complete fill. The closest place, (at that time), that I could have it filled was thirty miles away. I was told I could freeze it myself and take it to be filled in a cooler, I could drop it off and they would cool it to be filled but that would mean two trips or have two bottles to have a full one while the other was being filled. That said, it is probably the best bang for the buck, depending on how fast you use it up.