1925 Rear Engine mount frame inserts

Adam Akers

I am going to be having a machine shop make a new frame insert that goes in the frame where the rear engine support bolts in.  One of mine was to far gone to be repaired, but luckily my other one is in great shape to be the pattern, while they are making the one I need I could easily have them make more if any of you are needing one.  Luckily it is the same pattern for both sides of the car it just is turned upside down on one side compared to the other. If anyone is interested contact me, and I can send you cost for them.  I am excited about trying my hand at hot riveting them back in especially due to the countersunk a flat rivets that are used in it. 

Adam

Can you post pics? '25 is a single bolt vertical through the frame and the 1 piece engine/trans mount. Sounds like you maybe have a '24 which has bolts horizontal with a piece riveted into the frame on each side. Many of the '24's mounts are broke, which is why I assume DB went back to the earlier style again in '25. 

Mine is a 1925 single vertical bolt going through the frame rail. There is a piece that us riveted into the frame to add strength where the the engine / transmission ring sits and bolts in. I will post a picture tomorrow of the pice that is riveted into the frame. One side of mine was badly rusted.