trunk repair parts for a 70 wildcat conv.

Does any one out the know were I can find any trunk replacement panels or parts im restoring a 70 wildcat and have some rust in the trunk area that need to be repaired , is there any one out there can help,

calvin

cdv290@cs.com

Many years ago when I had My 70 Wildcat, and wanted to repair the trunk floor, especially over the frame body mounts. Never seen a Buick that didn't have the rusr/rot in this area. The corners at the wheel well. I discovered that Oldsmobile 1969-70 had the same floor design an my buick, but the olds did not have a body mount in this area, so the metal was still solid. With a little cutting and triming the panel fit quite nicely. I had to fabricate the body to frame mount, all worked out nicely. For your Wildcat find an Olds, B-Body.

Good luck

Jim Schilf / palbuick@aol.com

Calvin,

I haven't been able to find any sort of reproduction panels for the Wildcat/LeSabre, and I've looked around quite a bit. If I were you, try to find a parts car that has a good trunkfloor and grab it (yeah, I know, not as easy as it sounds.) I think that a 69-70 Pontiac Catalina (I'm pretty sure that's the right model) and a 69-70 Olds Delta 88 (Again, pretty sure) will have the same trunk floor minus the positions of the body mounts.

I had the same problem, but I just got a whole new trunk/rockers/lower quarter panels to fix mine. Go to www.fremansauto.com if you're interested in the place I got them. Mr. Freman has a ton of cars, and I know he has enough of the Wildcat/LeSabres that he always is able to find me parts.

Hope that helps,

Romy