1964 Amphicar for sail ... umm I mean SALE!

[color:\\"red\\"] <span style="font-weight: bold">1964 AMPHICAR</span>

Red w/white top and white interior.

This is a very early car as it has never had a bilge blower installed. I can provide you with one if you prefer. Body appears to be very solid overall. It does have the typical Amphicar rust in the lower quarter panels.

Top and bows in great shape and presentable.

Interior not original, but presentable

If you want to see pictures of anything specific or have any questions, just ask. I have a digital camera so film is cheap. I want you to know what you're buying.

These cars are truly a rarity (<150 sea worthy and <500 in any condition) and easily the biggest attention grabber around. You won't be able to take it anywhere without turning heads and being the center of attention. They are as much fun as you can handle!!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mechanical...</span> [color:\\"red\\"]

· Runs and drives nicely!

· All engine components (Dynamo, starter, etc) are there and functional

· Air cleaner (another hard to find part) intact.

· Transmission feels good and does shift nicely.

· Heater system completely intact

· Seats intact and in presentable condition.

· Very clean inside and out

[color:\\"red\\"] Pros...

· New white top and new black boot

· Most all the difficult and rare parts are on this car.

· Original headlight rings

· 2 Original VERY RARE Amphicar wide white wall Vredestein tires

· Original Amphicar hubcaps (4)

· Original extremely rare marine hood light (fair cond.)

· Original (rare) Nerf style rear bumpers

· Original (rare) front bumper

· Both props intact and functional

· Rear Taillight/turn signal lenses intact

· All trim intact and in great shape

· Hood and engine cover in beautiful condition!

[color:\\"red\\"] Cons......

· Very minor brake work needed, A couple of brake lines need installed (I do have them, but no time) to make brakes functional.

· Two vent windows are cracked.

· Missing 2 reverse lenses (available thru Gordon?s)

· As far as I can tell, to get this car swimming, it only needs new door seals and new rear axel boots. These are both readily available and not difficult to install. I would do the body work needed first just to be safe.

<span style="font-weight: bold">E-mail me - [color:\\"red\\"] minnow( [color:"black"]at )amphicar( [color:\\"black\\"]dot )com with questions or for pictures.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">The picture below is NOT the car for sale.</span>

A HD man? Can't be all bad! So I'll forgive you for not getting my Amphi. smirk.gif OK, what one did you get?

I have a '95 FLHR and sidecar. Used to have a Turbo on it, but now she is just been a little beefed up. grin.gif I am thinking of getting a Boss Hoss with the LT1. Should be able to turn the fun dialup to about 12 I think! grin.gif

2002 Heritage Softail Classic. Two-tone Luxury Blue and Diamond Ice. That was my self bought present for surviving the war. You see AAFES (Army Air Force Exchange Service) also known as the PX, allows military personnel to buy vehicles (including harleys) factory direct at or below dealer cost if they are stationed overseas. In my case, I bought my bike, delivered, with the alarm system for $105 over the MSRP for a black Heritage Softail with no options. The two-tone paint alone was a $585 option, let alone the alarm system.

What really made me upset is that two days before I left to come home, I found out about a guy that bought a complete '42 vintage WWII surplus Harley over in the middle east for $3,000. I guess the guy that he bought it from goes around the countryside, buys them for a song, fixes them up, and sells them. The problem was that I didn't have enough time left to research the issue to see if it was feasible to buy one and have it shipped home. THAT HURT!!

• 2 weeks later...