1949 Oldsmobile 88 Rear Brakes

dcaddick

I am restoring a 49 Olds 88 Wagon that has not been on the road since 1970. It was pulled from a wrecking yard in the early eighties.

I have done pretty good finding original parts so far and now I am on the rear brakes. The left side had all its parts and I was able to get it together. The right side had nothing. I am missing the brake lever and strut part numbers 553748 and 553738. These, according to my parts book, are the same from 42 to 54 on 88's only.

Thank you for any help

Dave,

Call me when you awake, because I am 3 hours ahead of you, so I will be already deep into my morning....

I have him making sure he has (at least 1 of those 2 he is said to have) of that 553738 G M Brake Part / Lever.... We will have our definitive answer in 1 - 3 days, as indicated....

The 561052 G M is not a dipstick... But a dipstick tube (about 13"

Long) and I have someone else who has two (2) of them !!!!  That

561052 fits 1949 - 1958 Oldsmobile... And knowing what it is !!!! I want to get both of them....You can have first dibs on 1 or 2 -- and if you only get 1 --- I will list the other on the AACA / Olds website ...

And the Classic Oldsmobile site... There are a lot of 1955 - 1958 Oldsmobile owners on that site.... You would have to believe someone will want to gobble that up !!!!!

Talk to you in the A.M. ...... Craig 516 - 485 - 1935.....

• Like 1