Unregistered users

Guest Motu 56

Guest Motu 56

Please be careful when responding to unregistered users. I had a practical joke played on me concerning an 88 Reatta that is for sale. Somebody thought it would be funny to post the reduced price of $1200 on the car in question. I called the owner and forwarded a check. Fortunately the owner checked the site and saw sombody's idea of a joke before I purchased an airplane ticket. There is a reason why some people remain unregistered.

Guest Motu 56

Thanks for your reply and support. An unregistered user,RCA, posted that his 88 Reatta was reduced in price. Somebody requested that he post his reduced price. Some imposter claiming to be the owner of the car posted a reduced price of $1200. I thought it was a legitimate posting and called the owner and forwarded

a check. Fortunately the owner of the car saw the erroneous posting and called me before I purchased an airplane ticket to Houston. I hope this clarified my

previous posting. The owner of this car is a great guy and immediately registered upon notification of the false posting.

When you called the owner did he not tell you how much? Where did you send the check? Where did you ge tteh address?

While I agree it was not a funny joke TO ANYONE but come on you sent a check? tongue.gif

REGESTER!!!!

I don't understand. If you forwarded the owner a check for the reduced amount, then he would immediately know that something was wrong and would contact you anyway wondering where the rest of the money was. At that point you would know not to buy an airline ticket. I agree that it wasn't a very nice thing for the anonymous poster to do, but your reasoning is flawed.

Karlton, my friend:

You must have passed on the red '90 (Unocal 76) coupe; still see it there. The red ragtop arrived and is a very nice car. One other in front of you; if she doesn't take it, you have first right of refusal for my exact investment: $3931.

JS