1925 Durant Star Roadster Model F - $9500 - Oswego, ILL - Not Mine

1925 Durant Star Roadster Model F - $9500 - Oswego, ILL

(Not a Model T of course) A 1925 Durant Star Model F Roadster. Frame-off restoration; roof, upholstery, paint, wiring, sheet metal, etc. Three-speed manual transmission with external rear brakes that stop
very well. Smooth-shifting transmission with original 4-cylinder Continental motor.
The car sometimes starts right up and sounds perfect, good quiet motor that was rebuilt and purrs well. Drives with lots of power and speed. Other times I can't get spark reliably so I have a gremlin in the distributor and I am not an electrical guy, so someone needs to fine-tune that. Recently had the original carburetor rebuilt and cleaned, so its not gas related. The only other issue is a few teeth on the ring gear are chewed up from a bad starter gear, I now have a brand new Bendix gear and it works well. I added a 6v electrical fuel pump, for reliability and the original vacuum canister is included. That canister mounts to the firewall.  Has good Wards Riversides tires and all are 30 by 3.5" so it shares Model T Ford size tires. Tires and tubes are good and hold air perfectly. Undercarriage is clean and painted a straw coloring along with the wooden artillery wheels. The roof is thick, durable and newer with strong irons and a clear back window. Upholstery is newer and solid newer springs and feels comfortable.
Paint is very nice with little nicks and driving scuffs from normal wear. Fenders, aprons and running boards are steel and all have little scuffs and dings from usage. The driver's front fender has some pitting from corrosion that shows through the paint but it is an original Durant steel fender and still is very nice. 1925 license plates do not go with car, sorry. Has rare after-market Gemco rechromed bumpers.
Ask any questions you have ahead of time, more pics can be taken and a video of the car driving is here:

Copy and paste in your email: 657cdc030880340497698ee14b48925c@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1925 Durant Star Roadster Model F.

'25 Durant Star Roadster Model F ILL aa.jpg

'25 Durant Star Roadster Model F ILL a.jpg

'25 Durant Star Roadster Model F ILL b.jpg

'25 Durant Star Roadster Model F ILL c.jpg

'25 Durant Star Roadster Model F ILL d.jpg

'25 Durant Star Roadster Model F ILL e.jpg

'25 Durant Star Roadster Model F ILL f.jpg

'25 Durant Star Roadster Model F ILL g.jpg

• Like 2