1952 lincoln cosmopolitan

ZUNZULO

I recently came in contact with a 1952 Lincoln Cosmopolitan, It has been sitting for quite some time but the interior and body are almost immaculate for the year. The individual is willing for me to take it off there hands if I can Tow it. I believe the engine to be a 317 cu in 5.2 L Lincoln Y-Block v8, With a 4 Speed Hydra-Matic Tranny. I dont think the engine is seized im going to try to crank by hand and syphon off all the gas, and hook up a battery and see if it will crank and use some starter fluid. What i'm wondering is if this car is easy to find parts for and as well as work on. Can anyone recommend if this is worth it to restore.  Thank you.

Most mechanical parts can be found. Most of the parts are expensive. They are very nice road cars and very comfortable to drive. The value on a 4 door sedan is from $750-$19,000 according to the Old Cars Price Guide. From your description it sounds like the car should be saved and put back on the road.

They are more difficult to work on than a Model A Ford, but not as difficult as a 57 Corvette with FI.

• Like 1