Looking for a 1927-28 DB Roadster

I'm looking for a 1926-27 (maybe a 28 or 29) DB 2 door roadster. It should be a complete car. Something that is restorable or one that has been restored. Please give location. I live in lower Delaware.

Please don't hurt my feelings. I would never hot rod a Classic Dodge. I like to keep my cars as stock as possible. I have two Muscle cars right now and have no desire for a hot rod. This will be my first older (pre 1930) car and I want it to be a roadster. I really want a Dodge that was built before Chrysler purchased the company. I don't know that much about them but I will.

I have a 70 Ply sat. Conv. w/ 440+6 4speed. This was originally a big block ( 383-2brl automatic)car but when I bought it the engine in it was a slant six so I decided to go with a 440 and a 4 speed. I also have a 71 Dodge Challenger R/T w/ 383 auto. This car is all original except I put electronic ign. on it. I also have a 70 Dart Slant six 3 on the tree. Just for a extra ride when the mother in-law is in town. Do you have any leads to the type of car I'm looking for? What would I expect to pay? Are these cars that hard find?

Re: hot rod question. We are just checking you out for the good of the car. "It's dangerous out there" for a helpless old car. After we complete our extensive background check and run your psychological profile we'll get back with you. Seriously, if any are available, and after this brief runaround, you'll probably be hearing from possible sellers or leads via e-mail. Check eBay as well. The hot rodders prowl there always and maybe you can steal one right out from under them.

I appreciate your concern for the car. Like I said I would never hot rod a old dodge. Maybe a Ford or cheby. Just kidding also. I have plenty of cars to modify. One of them is to take a 72 Duster ( I have the 6 cyl. body already) and turn it into a convertable. They never made one so I will. Then I will put a new 5.7 hemi from a 03 Ram under the hood. Thats my idea of hot rodding. No small block Chevy here. Back to the original post. I have been looking on Ebay and various other internet locations for a DB roadster. I don't have to have one today but I would like to get some more info on the car. Things like what would I expect to pay for a finished one vs a easily restorable one. What to look out for so I don't get screwed. I'm up on the muscle cars but the classics are a new animal to me.

For Sale

1929 Dodge Bros coupe

w/rubble seat.

Senior 6 engine.

Majority of car is original

With the following exceptions:

Stainless Steel gas tank

Ford Quail radiator cap

Seats and headliner in modern material

Rumble seat is foam rather than springs.

8 volt electrical system

Electric Fuel pump

Car was an on body restoration 10 years ago.

Bottom of doors and rocker panels done in Bondo rather than metal

$10,000.

Serious inquiries only: Ron rryle@email.com rryle@excite.com

It looks like were getting closer. You've got me thinking but I'm still wanting a Roadster. The year is not as important as the body syle. I want one that looks like a 1926-1927. I would still prefer one made before Chrysler bought Dodge Brothers.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I might have to lose some weight. I would love to find one to take a ride in but as you can see from the post there are not many out there. I have found a 1927 DB Roadster for $13500.00. I'm not sure if thats a good price or not. If anybody has any ideas on what is a fair price I would love to hear from you. Thanks