Proper placement

Hi, All...MCS here ('71 Buick Skylark Convertible)

Anyone know where exactly the proper placement point is for the "Skylark by Buick" emblem on the grill of my '71 Skylark? The emblem was missing when I aquired the car, so I bought one from OPG (Original Parts Group), and now I'm ready to install it.

If it goes in like the Buick Service Manual indicates for my '70 Skylark Custom, there will be two small holes in the divider bars that the tangs on the "monogram" will stick through. I suspect the factory manual for the '71 will also show the same details my '70 factory service manual does. There had to be some "bulletproof" way for the people in off-line assembly to put it all together back then, I suspect, or they could have been placed all over the place.

For a general idea, you might check some accurate sales literature pics too and then look closely on your existing grill for the holes I mentioned.

Hope this helps,

NTX5467

Thank you for your reply to my question re: proper placement of the Skylark grill emblem. I've learned that there was also supposed to be a mounting bracket...Well, OPG did'nt even mention one in their catalog, let alone supply one with the emblem...So now I'm wondering where to get one (bracket)? Now it seems there's a new wrinkle...I searched the grill for ANY holes, and found none...Now I'm wondering, does that mean the car does'nt have the correct grill? (I'm 3d in it's line of owners, but contacting the previous ones is'nt an option)