Chicago Plating

Guest dhunter41

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

Dave, I am looking into your problem with Chicago Plating for you, and I will post Chicago Plating's response.<P>The Finishing Touch, Inc. has done 3 of my cars, and I highly reccomend them. They ONLY do show quality work, and also give a discount to BCA members. They are located on the NW side of Chicago can can be reached at 800/403-4545 or <A HREF="http://www.thefinishingtouchinc.com" TARGET=_blank>www.thefinishingtouchinc.com</A> <P>They advertise in the Bugle.<P>Scott Mich<BR>Asst. Director<BR>Chicagoland Chapter

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

Here is the story: I spoke both to the customer and the vender.<P>The customer had 2 bumpers, rear bumper guards, door handles and a trunk emblem done for a 1950 Buick. <P>It took over a year to get JUST the bumpers done.<P>The customer was unsatisfied and filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau.<P>The supplier told the customer to return the bumpers and they would be re-done.<P>After another year of excuses, the customer requested ALL of his parts to be returned.<P>The supplier said he ONLY had the bumpers and would not return them until the customer withdrew the complaint.<P>That's where I stepped in. After speaking to both parties involved, I got the vender to release ALL the parts involved and the customer will withdraw the complaint.<P>I have not seen the quality of the bumpers yet.<P>Scott

Thanks for the summary, Scott.<P>I guess I don't need to see the quality of the bumpers to make up my mind. Any place that takes that long to do the work, and then refuses to return the parts is as crooked as the day is long!<P>The idea of making the customer retract his complaint in order to get the parts back is nothing short of EXTORSION!!!! I'm surprised that Scott Mich supported this.<P>If I were the customer, I'd resubmit my complaint, now that he's got his parts back!

Guest dhunter41

You're right. My complaint against Chicgo plating will stand unless or until he makes financial restitution for all the time lost & problems created. Dave Hunter BCA 17383