1941 fuel pump #

I have a 1941 Buick special with a straight eight and I am wondering if anyone can tell me were I might locate a replacement fuel pump< or better yet if someone might have a NAPA part number.

Guest Howard Purvis

I can give you the original Buick part nos. from an original Buick Master Chassis Parts Book: Group no. 3.900, part no. 1523529. An AC catalog that goes back that far (I don't have one) will probably show a different, shorter number which corresponds to the number on the fuel pump box. Perhaps you can use this information to transpose to a NAPA part number.

Howard Purvis

BCA 1626

The number was usually stamped on the side of the mounting flange. You can buy rebuild kits and it is not hard to do the job if you have a vice. The factory number for 1941 through 1951 for the 40 and 50 series is 1523520. The part number for 1941 through 1951 for model 60, 70, 90 is 1523530. And just to make things interesting, for replacement engines # 1390885 - 1390886 has been installed on the 1946 to 1949 model 40 and 50, the part number is 5592609. Many times only the last few numbers are stamped on the flange.

You can buy rebuild kits from Antique Auto Parts Cellar, Tom Hannaford Jr, box

3, So. Weymouth, Ma 02190 or send him the pump for rebuild.

I think bobsautomobilia.com also has rebuild kits.