Winter storage

Guest checkers

Guest checkers

Just put all three reattas in the barn this weekend for the winter.I dont do anything special other than starting them up a couple of times through the winter to keep the batteies charged. Just wanted to get some thoughs from the forum about short term storage that other reatta owners do

88 blue coupe

90 red coupe

90 white convert

96 burgany regal GS smile.gif

I usually just change the oil and stabilze the gas by adding a can of Sea Foam. (This also works great for cleaning the fuel system). I make sure to use a non-ethonal gas for storage because the ethonal will absorb moisture. If I am feeling energietic I will also remove the spark plugs and spray fogging oil into each cyinder. Once I put the car in storage, it is there for the winter so I pull the battery and charged it a few times through out the winter. When this is all complete, I wipe the tear from my eye and go home. frown.gif

Guest Reattaray

I store my 90 coupe in the garage from Dec 1st until early Mar. Before storing I get an oil change, top the gas, and get a good over and under car wash. My car has a battery disconnect installed which allows me to disconnect by just unscrewing. I start the car and allow it to run until normal temperature,cycle the heater & AC (if above freezing), and run it up and down the driveway. Of course the car is also kept under a car cover and with a tarp over the concrete floor. This has worked for me for 12 years. smile.gif

Only a couple of other things to add to the other good suggestions. I do pull my battery and charge it once a month after a baking soda bath. I do not do anything to start the car during storage unless you can take it out and get it good and hot before putting it back. I roll the car back and forth a couple of times by hand to free the brake pads from the rotors slightly and no parking brake application. Prop the windshield wipers off of the windshield to keep them from taking a "set" while stored. I also give all the leather a good cleaning and leather conditioner and let it soak in over the winter. Starts and runs perfectly after 6 month storage for the last nine years. smile.gif