1923 studebaker distributor

I tried but none of the numbers matched. the plate is in the left front by the front tire the numbers I found wer 1150363 or 1150563. The motor is eather a big six or a special six.

Those numbers appear to fit a 1924 Light Six. To check your car go the the ASC website and open the "Visitors Cars" section, look at the photo's of the fourth car down, a 1922 Light Six. If your distributor set up looks like this you have your answer. Don't be surprised if the carb and head on your car look different, Studebaker switched to a cast iron head and moved the carb to the drivers side of the engine starting in early 1923 on the Light Sixes.

Why isn't there any engine numbers for the light sixes. I found letters and numbers on the front of the block by where the fan blade bracket attaches they are as follows FH 43518. I can not seem to find any numbers on the site that match them. I also think that the body serial number is 12396. I found it on the body frame just inside the right front door. Any help to figure out exactly what this car is would be greatly appreciated.

Bingo! Part number 43518, is for the front timing cover on a Light Six engine, so that is what you have. The actual engine number is difficult to find on these engines. It is stamped on top of the flange on the back of the engine just above where the starter mounts. There is a cross-shaft the passes through this flange. You usually need to clean away years of grease and gunk to see the numbers. You should find that the engine number will be very close to your serial number minus the first 1, thus your engine number will be close to 150563 or 150363.

i got a brand new dizzy cap off carsons auto parts only about 2 months ago and they said they had most stude ignition parts. look on your dizzy and see if it has a plate with a delco reme number on it or a makers plate then give them a ring (you will find the number on the hemmings web site )

good luck Greg

p.s if i can get one and live in the uk so should you !!!!!!!!!!!!