RF modulator for CD Player

alesco

Alpine players and FM modulators are about as good as you can get.

Did you try one of the other available frequencies and did you try modulating the volume output. You just might be able to find a combination that works better. smile.gif

The problem with FM modulators is that they are compressing the signal so that it cam be transmitted via FM. Essetially your CD player will never sound any better than the FM standard allows. It may sound like the best FM station ever but it will still sound like an FM station. I can not stand the sound either so I had to install all new equipment to play CDs.

I have had a CD player sitting in a box for 6 months now awaiting installation in my car (been really busy). I believe it might be possible to wire the output of the CD player to the wires that are meant to handle the remote tape player's output (on '88-89 models) which would eliminate any compression inherent with an RF output. I would lose the tape players function, but I really haven't used tapes in years. The CD player I got has both RCA and RF outputs, so I figure that if the tape player interface doesn't work, I'll still be able to get the CD player to work. Anyways, if you are unhappy with the sound you are getting through the RF interface, this may be worth a shot.

I mounted all of the equipment in the trunk of the Reatta. Bolted c.d.deck to the top of the deck, mounted the rf. modulator on the side and taped into the radio antena in the trunk. Also used the hot wire for the antena raising to power the unit. I didn't have to run any new wireing. I do have a unit without a remote so the control wire was just run through the hatch door up to the consul. A little unsightly but it could be run under the molding if you are pickey....ken