Membership Renewals

It is easier to renew old members than to recruit new ones. The present system of placing the renewal notice in with the AA mailer loses us members. ie.I have signed up a number of student members, the kind we want to attract. They are away at school. The AA mag comes to their home address and is not forwarded. The Dad wants to read it, so the wrapper is removed and tossed, not knowing that the address page is also the membership renewal. Bang, another member is lost.

Whatever the cost, renewal notices must go 1st Class forwardable mail. Maybe a reminder mailing is also in order.

Anonymous...

This forum does not automatically answer your very important questions. This forum is just that, a discussion forum, not a "Hot Line" to National Headquarters.

1--Why not identify yourself? You obviously have important questions.

2--To ask AACA to tell Dad to stop throwing away the renewal notice is a bit much. (That is what I read into your request.)

3--Get off the old duff, look at your copy of AA Magazine, call National Headquarters (717-534-1910),or, write Sharon Lee, VP Membership and I am certain you can work out this problem.

4--Be perfectly clear, I am a "member" only, not an official of the AACA...just baffled that you do not know to go to the top for such a request. The AACA has been working hard to attract young, future members. Please follow through and you will reap the benefit of your well intentioned efforts.

Regards, Peter J.