98 Window Antenna

My reception for AM sucks. I live 35-45 miles outside of NY City and my reception is bad. My reception was somewhat good before, but has been getting bad lately. Buick tells me that the window antenna is not covered under the 100,000 guarantee.

Please respond

Joe (NJ)

You might consider taking the car to a Delco Radio Service Center and letting them troubleshoot the system. You could also take it to a trusted GM or Buick dealership for the same thing, but if it turns out to be a radio issue, the service center will need to repair your existing radio so that might be a better place to start.

As the reception has deteriorated, it could also be a lead-in issue just as it could be a radio issue. It could also be that perhaps the station's transmitter power has been decreased for some reason. Several variables involved that have to be troubleshooted to ascertain where the problem could be.

I'm not familiar with a 100,000 mile Buick warranty unless it's an extended warranty you're talking about. In which case it could be a GM Extended Warranty or another extended warranty company's product that might be sold by a GM dealer. Extended warranty coverage can vary, but one extended warranty company just paid to replace a broken Delco radio and others have paid to repair the radio, if it was repairable. If they will cover the radio, it would seem they would cover the antenna, whether it's mounted on the fender or in the windshield. Check your policy for those issues.

Enjoy!

NTX5467