Another oddly equipped early 70s Buick

Guest Shaffer

Guest Shaffer

We have had endless posts in the past about how the early to mid 70s Buicks was equipped. That post died down, but here is another oddly equipped 1974 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible, loaded with options such as power windows and locks, cornering lights and even some rare options, such as light monitors. However, the car has NO A/C. This may not be as rare, considering this is a convertible. I would guess that more convertibles would not have A/C, since in the summer, they would be driven with the top down anyway. Here is the car if anyone would like to see it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1864901276

It's a Noo Yawk car. For the most part they didn't need airconditioning there. My dad's cousins lived in Norwich NY, where it was not unusual to see people wearing sweaters in July. Summer of 67, they bought a new 1967 Caprice, Tropic Turquoise w/ black vinyl roof and no a/c. Shortly after they bought it, they drove it here for family reunion in the NC Sandhills, where it was close to 100 degrees tongue.gif . They were here a week, and about the second day, the new Caprice went to Sears for an airconditioner.

Guest Shaffer

I think I remember you mentioning that about the 67 Caprice. Most did have A/C. The 67 Chevrolets are one of my favorite cars. I would like to find a 1967-1968 Caprice 4-door hardtop sedan, or better yet, a 1967-1968 Caprice Estate wagon. Turquoise with woodgrain, with a 427 V8, and all options available. I like the 67 Caprice with the fenderskirt option. Some 67 Estates on traderonline, but they are priced outrageous. There is a 4dr 68 Caprice about a mile from here. Was parked with 25K actual miles. Has been setting in the woods since the late 70s. A real shame. Still looks like new inside. Would take 10 years to get it out of the woods and out from the other 1000 cars of the 1940s-1970s. frown.gif