Nailhead Rail

Old guy, those weren't 425s but 364s "poked and stroked to 454 CI!!!<BR>When Ivo restored the car for his farewell tour in 1988 (?) he got 32 NOS Export (Buicks high performance division in the 50's) rods from Buick, it's nice to know people in high places huh!<BR>That car was is reported to be the most successful exibition car of all time. From what I understand, it NEVER EVEN HAD A HEAD OFF in over 10 years of running!!!

I stand corrected. I know that when he ran in Michigan ,he always drew a big crowd ,and he and the speedsport roadster out of phoenix would guarantee standing room only at Central Mich Dragway where I spent much of my time and money. The only other vehicle to come close to the spectator appeal was EJ Potter and his V8 chev powered motorcycle called Bloody Mary

Hey..Old Guy,<BR> You might find it interesting that the Showboat got a little faster over the years. It's best ET & MPH is 8.12 & 193+!!!! Actually it was with the aluminum Riv/wagon body and called the Rivera WagonMaster at that time. Not too bad for 4000 lbs on gas! smile.gif<p>[This message has been edited by nailvalve (edited 01-08-2001).]