Plastic repair

old-tank

Hi All

I'm looking for a way to repair the plastic skirts on the front seat of my 55 Century. It has the 4-way power seat so the skirts are different than the non-power and 2-way power seats (more rare). All of these tend to crack and break at the top center and around screw holes. I repaired it previously with fiberglass mat, bondo, primer and paint and it looked perfect until I put it back into service. Would the material used for flexible bumper repair be suitable for this...anyone tried it or other methods??

Until I find the NOS pieces that I have been looking for the last 5 years I need to repair these and it needs to be a cosmetic and functional repair.

Thanks in advance

Willie

Update: I bought a plastic bumper repair kit at NAPA (765-1540) and rattle cans of SEM primer/surfacer(39133) and color coat and it seems this is going to work well. The kit even came with a small piece of expanded metal aluminum for support which I used in addition to some screen wire. The finished product looks good.

Now the bad news the kit was over $25 and the paints were over $20...figure $50 with all the incidentals like sand paper,masking tape,....labor= $0 for 4 hours over 2 days.

So now I can fix the bumper gouge on the wife's car....details, details, details

Willie

Sorry, this only works on 55 Buicks and I don't have a digital camera yet. There is plenty of material in the repair kit for practice, practice, practice...the finished product should look like a new part and only inspection from the inside will show it was repaired.

Willie