Cassette Belt Source?

Howard

Well, after bragging for so long that my cassette still works, and even responding to a cassette question just a few days ago, my cassette unit now has the big C. No, not cancer, but the big click, click, click. Using a step by step guide that a former member, Lane Matte wrote, I torn the unit down. I have not seen so many layers since Sara Lee started taking drugs! Anyway, I got the old belt out, but now I can't seem to find a source for a replacement belt. Any ideas? Also I have found out the the cassette door is "damped" by a flywheel also controlled by a tiny belt. That belt is shot too. Howard confused.gif

Guest tempest68

Since you already have the belt out, take it to a reputable electronics shop. They should be able to hook you up. A friend of mine got a belt for me based on the information in those instructions you mentioned. I havent taken the time to do the repair yet, but at least I have the part. Good Luck.

I tried replacing the belt in my cassette and bought four extra ones for no reason other than I didn't want to pay for all that shipping for one belt. If you want one of these belts, I can sell it to you for $4.00 plus the cost of U.S. mail and a padded mailer which I figure will cost $1.00. As far as the small belt, I do not have one.

The belt is part number 42-1990 and available from MCM electroics.

1-800-543-4330 The belt is about 40 cents but there is a minimum charge and there is a shipping charge. Replacing the belt is a Very difficult proceedure.