1928 Model A "AR" Phaeton

In the early 1970's,as a young,enthusiastic "car guy",I would go to every vintage car show I could attend.I  frequently would see a yellow, early 1928 Model A "AR" Phaeton.I got to know the car's owner, Frank Hill,and eventually he shared the story of his car with me.An American who had emigrated to Australia in the late 1960's,he met his wife,Dot,in Australia,and eventually they both decided that they would emigrate to the United States. Returning to the United States by ship,they were en route to their ship for their departure when Frank spotted the Model A, sitting for sale several blocks from the port. He had the driver stop,and he examined the freshly restored car. Much to his wife's surprise,a deal was quickly struck for the purchase of the car. With all the challenges of shipping the car to the United States  (I have all the shipping documents),eventually the car arrived at it's Port Everglades destination ,and was driven to their home in the West Palm Beach area.The car was subsequently used and enjoyed at many shows,and was a well-known car here in South Florida.Upon Frank's passing in the early 1980's, the Model A was sold to another local enthusiast,and after several years of enjoyment,the car was parked in his garage,where it remained until my purchase of the car for my collection in 2013.

I have recently purchased a very nice original 1964 Supercharged Studebaker Avanti,and decided to put several cars up for sale as a result,one of them being a 1934 Packard 1100 that I have listed in this forum.The 1928 Model A is the early "AR" model with the "AR" features,and,being restored many years ago,has a great patina that is in keeping with the "vibe" of a Model A.As it is an older restoration,it is not a show car by any means,but a car that a lot of enjoyment and pleasure can be had with.And it is the desirable Phaeton body style.The car is priced firmly,and fairly,at $16,500.Please contact Jim at (561) 373 7200.

photo-6.JPG

photo-7.JPG

photo-9.JPG

IMG_0626.JPG

IMG_0625.JPG

IMG_0629.JPG

IMG_0630.JPG

IMG_0631.JPG

IMG_0632.JPG

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0634.JPG

IMG_0635.JPG