Sequential tail lites

Charlie B.

Go to Search again; make sure you don't time-limit the search to the past week or so. Make it "all dates" or whatever. In mid-September of '01, everybody had a word or two to say about sequentials, including Padgett, BurkieBoy, etc.

Jerry

Guest tempest68

"But, would it offend the Reatta lovers?"

I say, why worry about it. Do what you like if you think its in good taste. I appreciate a bone-stock pristine Reatta as much as the next guy/gal. But I also think its cool that some folks are converting to 5-speed manual transmissions, or turboed or supercharged. Just do what you like, and to heck with anyone else. Enjoy the car while it last, and make it last as long as you can. I like the idea of the sequential taillights. Its a suttle change, and something that could easily be changed back to original if you so desire.

FYI: The first sequentail lights appeared on the 1965 Ford Thunderbird. The Thunderbird continued to used them till the 1971 model year. Mercury Cougar had them from the introduction year in 1967 to 1973. I owned both an 69 and 73 Cougar and used to think those lights were pretty cool. I don't know if anyone has installed them on a Reatta, or how much trouble they would cause once installed. The tail light display is sure set up well for them. Howard

Charlie,

If you do the tail lights Please come back and tell us if it was hard and how it works. I have been wanting to do it for a long time since it seems like a natural fit with the three lights on both sides, but wasn't sure if it would be hard to do or affect anything else. I might just go for it if you have good luck.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Installed sequential light system, Instructions were good, no real problems. And every thing works as it should.

I think this is a great addition to the Reatta. Everybody that has seen them working likes them. ME TOO. I would recommend them. It adds to the elegance of the Reatta smile.gif

Just be careful when removing the tail lite assy, don't scratch the body panel or bumper, Suggest a blanket or other kind of protection while working back there. cool.gif

Charlie, I emailed Lawrence inquiring which type the Reatta takes (I assumed it to be the same as the Fiero). He wasn't sure, but thought that would work. Which did you order? Aside from wanting the type that is applicable, there are price differences.

thanks for your help,

curt

• 3 weeks later...

Charlie,

I tried installing the modules. They don't flash. I replaced the flasher unit with a heavy duty, -Lawrence's suggestion, but no go. He and I went over my wiring and all seems correct. Did you do anything special? <span style="font-weight: bold">Left Side</span> , I attached red to inside bulb yellow (single wire) and black to inside light black. Middle bulb White to yellow wires (two, cut both) and Blue to outside bulb yellow (one wire, cut). <span style="font-weight: bold">Right Side</span> , same but turn wires are green. Brake lights work, turn signal glow but don't blink. See any mistakes?

thanks for your help,

curt