Dodge Brothers Emblem

It's NOT the Star of David. I't s just 2 triangles representing the 2 dodge brothers,John and Horace. They were not Jewish and I doubt they even knew what the Star of David looked like or represented.

Actually several of us are starting to think that six pointed star used for the emblem was more to represent a badge (like a sheriff's badge) than anything else. Possinly, at most, along with the interlocking deltas (Greek "D" for Dodge) this may be the origin of that emblem. We learn from the brothers' bios that Horace Dodge was enthralled with law enforcement and went on some runs with local police early in his parts-making career. We also learn that the "Dodge City" marshall used a six popinted star for badge, as did several law-enforcement agencies in Michigan. This may be another case of reading too much into a simple deal, much like the Chevy bowtie being no more than a wallpaper design. The Dodge brothers were great mechanics but hardly likely to have had the time to delve into the mysticism of "interlocking triangles" and so forth, nor were they likely to notice the similarity to the Star of David, which by the way, had not achieved universal acceptance for Judiasm back in 1912-1914 anyhow. JCB

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to the above, I was just watching a video of Freemasonry bought to me by a wellmeaning friend who wanted me to join up. The video is for public consumption so I am not giving away any secrets here. While watching the movie with a bit of indifference woke up when I noted a segment where they grahpically made the square and compass turn into a six pointed star, the Seal of Solomon. Voila, from the Freemason symbol to the DB emblem. What do you suppose we can make of that? It's too late to get the secret hand shake from John or Horace. JCB

• 3 weeks later...