Best nonrestored 1985 and older trophy.

Guest alleyyooper

Guest alleyyooper

Saturday Sept 9th Saw us at the Sundusky Michigan firemans benifit show. It was very cool (Oct. like) when we arrived and the heat coming from the LaSabres   heat vents felt good. The show was on the court house lawn we were parked out by the main street thru town M46 so we got to view all the cars forgoing the Sandusky show in favor of the mad house show in Frankinmuth.

This is a drivers judges show except for one Trophy in honor of Doir Shultes who had came to this show twice  yearly show with her 1986 Buick Riveria we were told. She passed away during the spring after attending the spring show at 85 years old. She was so well respected by the staff they set aside a trophy in her name for the best 1985 or older most orginal car. 

Our 1985 LaSabre limited collectors edition, Is waiting for the painter to call and say bring it on so the dead paint is original. I was asked to open the hood baffled why some one would want to look at a 307 Olds engine in a Buick I complied and answered the question the two gentile man asked. I have painted the air cleaner and cover. I have also wraped the fresh air intake tube with black duct tape to cover holes in it other than that there is now modifications on the car.

We were dissappointed when we did win evwen second place in our class luxery cars 1980 to 1990 when there were only 3 cars in it and were ready to go pack and go home when they started talking about our car.

Yes we won that trophy, so the dry spell has ended and fitting it was a Buick Although not a Riveria thart earned the first Trophy.

413545298.jpg

413545300.jpg

413545299.jpg

:D    Al

Edited by alleyyooper
Fix pictures (see edit history)