How do I replace the exterior moldings on my `64

Scott Mckenzie

As I have mentioned many times before , I bought my car in boxes. I didnt remove the moldings and now it`s time to re install . The ones that I am scratching my head about are the door reveal ones starting at the vent window . The manual says they are attached with screws. I have all new fuzzies and know how to attach those to the molding  but I don`t get the screw idea. Does it screw through the fuzzy after it is attached to the molding? Seems to me they would scratch the window.  Can someone steer me in the  right direction ?                                                                                                                    Thanks, Scott

I just replaced mine a couple weeks ago. There are small screws (they look like countersink wood screws) that go through the fuzzies, through the folded lip on the trim, and into the door skin. Because they're counter sunk, they don't touch the window. The fuzzies are thick enough to prevent it. My fuzzies were worn smooth, and the screw still didn't touch the glass. It works out well.

If you're missing the screws, standard sheet metal screws (I think #10, but might be #8) fit. Mine were all rusted to the skin, and I had to drill them out. I replaced them with stainless steel screws.

• Like 1