Just bought a Maxwell

Guest Leeory

Guest Leeory

Hi Guys,

Well I'm new to all this, just bought my first Vintage car, a Maxwell 1925 Tourer.

As I've already found out, there's not much info out there.

The car came with the "Chrysler Four - Instruction Book" which is good.

Is anyone aware of any Maxwell service manuals or documentation for this model? There are a few things in need to fix (speedo, radiator temp gauge)

I'm also trying to determine if it is indeed a 1925, rego papers have the engine number as - C513160

This sort of lines up with this http://classiccardatabase.com/specs.php?series=1730&year=1925&model=14643

I Only received delivery of it yesterday, so about to head off into the shed and find that number :-)

Hi again

Attached PDF which was in another section of the AAAC forums which gives the engine serial numbers and useful info on the changes made each year. When I bought mine three years ago it was advertised as 1918 but with this PDF I narrowed it down to late '19 to early '20.

interesting info here: http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/?man=6932

I also have paper re-prints of the 1920 model and the 1923 model  - you just have to keep an eye out on eBay as they do come up from time to time. Having said that hopefully one of the other guys here might be able to help you out.

Best wishes and enjoy the Max

Peter

Maxwell-1.pdf

• Like 1

Guest Leeroy

Thanks Peter!  Looks like mine is the 25C. I couldn't find a number on the seat, but on the engine and chassis I find 513160.

Definitely on the hunt for information!