1970 Cutlass Reference material advice needed

Hello,<P>I'm relatively new to the Oldsmobile world, having purchased my 1970 Cutlass convertible just 2 months ago. I have been very active in Corvettes for over 15 years, though, so I understand a fair amount of GM.<P>For Corvettes, I can find (or own) references giving me info on casting numbers of practically everything, starter and alternator numbers, carb numbers, vacuum line diagrams, the works. Are there any similar books in the Olds world? Does the OCA have great publications like the NCRS does?<P>In addition, what GM and/or aftermarket repair books are the best and still readily available?<P>Thanks! Patrick

For starters, the 1970 factory service books. Olds Division Chassis manual, Fisher Body manual, and Olds New Product Information manual. Then the Technical Information Bulletins and Service Guilds. Finally the Color & Fabric album and the Product Selling Information binder. These items are the absolute best source for original numbers and production changes I know of. All this stuff can be found thru paper vendors or ebay, but 1970 is a popular year and can get expensive depending on who's selling it. Not unheard of for a 1970 C&F album to top $500, but you can usually find 'em a little cheaper.<P>There are several books in print that detail the numbers. Cars&Parts did one "Oldsmobile 442-W-machines & Hurst/Olds ID Numbers 1964-91" that is pretty accurate but doesn't go into any great detail on things like carbs, alternators, distributors etc. The late Dennis Casteele published a "442 Source Book" in the early 80s which is a good book to have as Casteele was working at Oldsmobile during the 70s and was involved with both the 1972 and 1974 Hurst/Olds Pace Car programs.<P>OCA publishes <I>Journey With Olds</I> monthly. Right now it's in a slump because people aren't sending the editor much in the way of tech articles etc. However- OCA has an advisor program that can get almost any question you may have answered.