1978 Riviera 75th Anniversary - parts available

Guest kthelen

Guest kthelen

I know there's folks here who know, appreciate, and perhaps even own these cars. Figured I'd put out a feeler to see if there's any demand.

Recently I came upon a '78 Riviera with the "LXXV" anniversary package. It's super complete, but also super rotten... Minnesota car (therefore road salt); also seems to have been under a tree for the past 25 years, some of which were after the side glass had been broken (so any "soft" interior parts are shot). It has an Olds 403 that's probably stuck, a set of Buick "road wheels", discs at all four corners, and all the telltale goodies that go with the package. Only things I know to be missing are the fender badges, center caps for the wheels, and the steering wheel (because it's on my bench!).

I didn't have the foresight to take any pictures, or get any numbers in case someone's running a registry or whatnot - but I plan to do so shortly.

It's rather sad that the car was allowed to deteriorate to this extent - I'd love to have gotten my hands on it before its former owner stuck it under that tree! But what's done is done, and it's now being offered for parts.

If anyone here is looking for those hard-to-find, package-specific odds and ends... or if you know someone who is... let me know and I'll see what I can do.

--Keith

My '78 isn't the 75th edition, but I am looking for parts. By the description, I'm not sure what it's got that I'd need. Maybe the hood ornament and the driver's turn assist light. Does it have a sunroof? I might need some parts there, mine was disabled.

What do the tail lights look like? Mine are a bit faded... Edited by SpecialEducation (see edit history)