1965 oldsmobile 98 holiday coupe

my gran just gave me the car and its leaking gas bad from the carb! what type of carb should i get! i was looking at a edlebrock 600cfm! but a tech said modifications would be needed! can someone tell me what modifications if any will it be for the 425cid!! also at 215-765-6440 around 7pm nightly!! thanx!<BR> mrjohncraigjr@earthlink.net

What's wrong with getting the original Rochester 4GC rebuilt? Kits are still available and there's still old-time carb guys around to fix 'em. Look in Hemmings Motor News magazine and you'll find them. There's a fellow currently advertising 4GC rebuilding service in Olds Club's <I>Journey With Olds</I> magazine and has some RB in stock ready to bolt on. I suggest joining OCA if for no other reason than the magazine has an all-Olds classified section.<P>The Edelbrock AFB will bolt right up to the 1965 425 intake but you'll have to fabricate a new fuel pump to carburetor line and may have to fiddle with the throttle linkage a bit to make it work. Stock Olds aircleaner probably won't fit well either.<P>I think an Edelbrock 600 is a bit undersized for an Olds big-block. They're fine for a Chevy.<P>Holley lists a rebuilt original 4GC carb for your car on their website.

• 1 month later...

Hi John!<BR>I have to suggest to only use an original rebuild Rochester! I´ve tested several Holleys and Edelbrocks on several cars. Even when they seem to work fine with seemingly little more power - after a while they ar starting running poor. No wonder - compared to the original Rochester they are a bulk of plastic.