Performance 350 OLDS

I Have A OLDS Motor that has a Gold Block Crome Valve Covers Aluminum Intake, and in the Intake is stamped Performance 350 OLDS.Can some one tell me what this came out of,and were there many left.I was told it came out of a 1969 to early 1970 OLDS. But they did not no what kind of OLDS it was.If some one has imformation on this contact me at 515-961-2156 or Email me at Greasemonkeyisme@msn.com Thank you for your time!!! smile.gif" border="0

The intake and chrome valve covers are probably aftermarket, if it were a W31 350 it would have OLDS W-350 cast in the intake.<P>Could have come out of any number of cars and 350 were made 1968-80. Gold tells me its a 68-74 block. Look on the lower left corner of the heads facing them, there'll be a number cast into them. 1,2,3,4 indicate a 330 cid engine; 5,6,7,8 are a 350. If a 350, look on left front side of block behind the alternator mount and there is a machined pad that will have the VIN of the car it was originally installed in, but all that can really tell you is the year of the engine and the assembly plant. 330 has this same info stamped into the front of the block just below the right head.

I too have seen a supposed factory alluminum intake from a 350. It was a about a year and half ago when I bought a set of #7 350 heads (1971's). The guy I bought them from had this intake from the same engine that he said was a rare factory piece. I turned down his offer to buy it, as I'm going with an Edelbrock performer RPM but I've often wondered too what the deal with this intake was.

The W31 cars had aluminum intakes, and I think a few 1980 350s had them too. They were common on mid-80s 307s but these had EGR and small ports, and were used strictly as a weight saving. But then the W-350 intake was also identical to the cast iron intake of the same year, just lighter.<P>A true Oldsmobile performance aluminum intake will have OLDSMOBILE W-350 cast into it between the thermostat and carb.