new problem

I used to drive a tbird supercoupe and so I decided to compare the performance of my 84 cutlass to my sc. But at WOT, my cutlass hesitates really badly. What's up with this terrible bog? I replaced the spark plugs and wires, filters (oil, air and gas, cap and rotor. Also, the carb is a new rebuilt unit that I bought. The car passed emissions with flying colors but there is still this terrible bog when I really hit the gas. I also replaced all vacuum hoses with silicone vacuum hoses and used clamps on the ends, so I don't think there are any vacuum leaks. ANyone have any ideas?<P>Please email me at mrbboy@netzero.net<P>Thanks<P>Rene <P><BR> mrbboy@netzero.net

Possibly bad fuel pump or clogged damaged fuel lines i know my olds had a really bad bog problem which was a combination of needing a tune up fuel lines pump and vac hoses

It was worse with the old carb. It used to die after about 10 minutes of running then I had to wait about half an hour before I can get her restarted. It ran slower than hell too before the change to the new one.

Does the accelerator pump squirt when you move the throttle? Does this engine have sensors to control distributor advance and carb. mixture? Have you visited any of the Buick Regal sites while most guys have the turbo charged version of this engine they may still know something about the naturally aspirated one as well. Maybe try:<BR> <A HREF="http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/index.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/index.htm</A> <P>I even think he may have an e-mail there you could contact him at. The Regal and Cutlass are most similar.