67 Carb Question

I have a 67 Cutlass Supreme H/C with the Carter AFB 4-bl carb (manual choke). I also have a spare 67 Quadrajet 4-bl. Can either one be modified with an electric choke?.<P>Thanks,<BR>Jay

If either carb originally had a thermostatic choke coil, you can adapt an electric choke to it. For the Q-Jet, get one for mid 70s Cadillac, leave the paper gasket out from between the coil and choke housing (otherwise it won't ground and won't work) and run a 12 gage wire to it from an ignition switch controlled circuit in the fuse block. There should be an IGN terminal in it somewhere.<P>The AFB is same design as the Edelbrock carb and you can order an electric choke for those thru Summit, Jeg's etc.<P>I think 67 Olds used a divorced choke, so I don't know how you'd adapt a thermo-coil choke to that intake to take advantage of engine crossover heat.<P>Just out of curiousity, are you an EVOC member? They're having a 9th anniversary party in Va Beach March 24th over at Ray Houser Automotive.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll try to put the aftermarket choke on the Carter since it came with the car.<P>As far as EVOC, I'm not a member. But I would like to join. I just renewed my OCA membership (I let it lapse for about a year)<P>Thanks again,<BR>Jay