new 77 olds owner I need help!!!

Hello, <BR>I have finally became a man and bought an 77 olds cutlass. It will be my project car, and as of now I have identified only small repairs for now, such as an alternator belt, fan belt, and possibly the replacement of an radiator. My question..is which type of exhaust system should I add, if I want to have that true muscle car sound?? Or what steps should I take in making this car the ultimate muscle car...Again I am beginner at this so please forgive me if I don't know the necess. jargon..anyhelp would be helpful.<BR>Thanks

A good exhaust shop should be able to keep yer catalytic converter in place and then run you a custom bent semi dual system from the converter back. I had this done on a 76 98 Regency- wyed just behind the trans crossmember and duals from there to the bumper. <P>Mufflers? all depends on the sound you want. I have full dual 3-chamber Flowmasters on a stock engined 74 350 Hurst/Olds and they sound reeeaaaal nice. Not too loud to attract the fuzz, but a deep rumble suitable for musclecar. Made some difference in performance too, and believe it or not, fuel mileage- when I can keep my foot out of it!<P>Link back to Oldsmobile Club site, and then link from there to the Oldsmobile Cutlass Coupes chapter. They cover 73-77.