1901-1903 Curved Dash Olds Trans NEEDED!

Sorry I don't have any olds parts for you. Around 30 years ago, my Dad restored a 1904 Olds 10-hp. light tonnea. It was really far gone, with many missing parts. One of the major items missing was the transmission. My Dad has been gone for years, but a friend of ours who was a metalwork teacher made up a transmission for the car using the planet gears from a Rambler automatic. This actually worked out very well. The man that built the transmission is still alive and well, perhaps he could be of help to you?

Wes The R.E. Olds Museum in Lansing might be interested. They have some they are trying to put back together. Give me a type I can get you in contact. Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know of Joseph Merli. He is currently making a new 1898 Olds. Then he hopes to duplicate the electric Olds. He has done many Curved dash and still ownes at least one. If it cant be found he makes what he needs.<P>Call 518-355-6536 ask for Joe. He's even around in the evenings. Thats near Albany NY.<BR>Tell him Steve from Middleburgh sent you.