66 Starfire items needed

Help !! I've just sent in membership appl.<BR>to the club and look forward to meeting some of you in the near future.<P>For the moment, my great need is for the climate control dash unit and both lenses for the rear interior lites (located on each sail panel). Also,info on who/where/how to get the clock working again. <P>This lite green/black Starfire sold new at Bentley Olds in Huntsville, AL.(still in business) to a couple from Decatur(20 mi. away)and mostly stayed in their garage until the settling of their estate a few months ago. Only 39,600 mi., a/c ps,pb,pw,tilt & t/scope. Repainted show quality approx. 6 yr.<BR>ago and detailed as orig.<BR> Have all orig. papers and manuals incl. pro/<BR>plate etc,...<P>Any help, advice or comments appreciated.<BR>David Carroll<BR>B'ham, AL.

Fusick for the sail panel lenses. They're also common to other GM hardtops of that era.<P>Clock- first, try a light mist of WD-40 and you may have to file the points a bit to clean them up. If this doesn't work, if it's a Borg clock, you can send it back to Instrument Services in WI for factory authorised service, or have a quartz movement installed. H&H in SC, Ole Doc Clock in NC, and others can do this conversion invisibly. I occasionally see 65-6 big Olds clocks NOS.<P>You mention Climate Control head. Is this a Comfortron car (if so you have my sympathies) or a Four-Season CAC car? <P>I know someone who may have some 66-67 Comfortron parts if needed, don't know if he sold them yet or not. He doesn't have a control head. It was fairly common in Ninety Eights that year, so shouldn't be too hard to find a junkyard part. (Working may be another story!)<P>Sounds like you have a nicely equipped car. In addition to AACA, I recommend joining the Oldsmobile Club of America and the National Antique Olds Club for parts support. There is no OCA chapter in AL to my knowledge, but there are active ones in Atlanta and Nashville. <P>Glenn Williamson<BR>the Rocketraider<BR>1964 Starfire (and other assorted Ose)

I just had The Clock Works <A HREF="http://www.clockwks.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.clockwks.com</A> do the quartz conversion on my '70 98 Borg unit for about $70. Regular service would have been around $40, but those stock movements kinda suck! Unless this is going to be a seniors division car, I'd go with the quartz. It is so nice to look at a clock that has the EXACT time!<P>I had the clock back in about 10 days. That included shipping both ways! Highly recommend!